Saturday, 31 August 2013

OPI San Tan-Tonio


This is one from the stash that I had avoided.
I remember seeing it on some American pop starlet-type - Miley Cyrus or somebody, and it looked kind of nude with their tan and very lovely. So I assumed I needed a great tan to pull it off. 

My skin colouring is typically the kind of shade that would make Frosty the Snowman look like he had a healthy glow in comparison - but I went to Budapest for nine days at the beginning of Summer, where it was 40 blimmin' degrees, so now I'm rocking the awesome tan you see in the pics!

Oh you don't see a tan? 
Bah. Whatevs.


Actually, it all worked out fine, because San Tan-Tonio was less "tan" than I was expecting. It had less yellow and orange than I suspected, and was more muted and chic, with a good whiff of beige in there. It is the sort of colour I would wear for work, and probably wear a matching work-jumper and look generally inoffensive.

Application was lovely of course (it is an OPI after all) and so it should be seeing as OPIs cost the moon on a stick per bottle over here in the UK (about £10.50 - £11 ish).
My pics show two coats and a coat of Seche on top. To be honest, two coats doesn't give a flawless patch free finish, but it is good enough. 
Wear was great. 
That is all. 


6 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous colour. OPI are probably my favourite brand for nail polishes :)

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous colour! Love OPI x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a bit disappointed because I'd had my eye on this for such a long time and it looked gorgeous in the photos but this is the 2nd mah review I've seen in 2 days... I'll need to think about this one or perhaps go with the A-Piers to be tan instead. Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't get me wrong, it's nice. But just nice. No better than that. A-Piers to be tan has a lot more oomph to it, I doubt I could pull that off, but I can imagine very pretty on some skin tones! x

      Delete

Agree? Disagree? Please leave a comment and make me smile!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...